Demilec (USA) LLC
2925 Galleria Drive
Arlington, TX 76011
(877) DEMILEC (336-4532)
Phone: (817) 640-4900
Contact Form »
Energy Efficient Home Improvement
Tax Credit for Insulation
- Home improvement tax credit: 10% of cost of the home improvement, up to a maximum of $500.
- Expiration: December 31, 2013
- Eligibility: Must be on an existing home & your principal residence. New construction and rentals don’t qualify. The spray foam insulation has to be placed in service in 2012 or 2013.
So you can receive at most a home improvement tax credit of $500. If you’ve already received credits totaling $500 or more from 2005-2011, you aren’t able to claim the credit in 2012.
Is Spray Foam Insulation Eligible for the
Home Improvement Tax Credit?
- Spray foam insulation is covered so long as it meets IECC requirements.
- Installation cost is NOT covered.
To claim the energy efficient products tax credit, you’ll need to claim the credit on your 2012 taxes in 2012. You will need to complete Form 5695 from the IRS, which should be sent in with your return. Additionally you will need to save the receipt received from your spray foam contractor and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement. Visit dsireusa.org to find out if there are any state incentives for renewables and efficiency in your area.